Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of GPS devices and systems

Have just returned from Uk to NZ. Garmin Nuvi 1395 thinks it

Customer Question

Have just returned from Uk to NZ. Garmin Nuvi 1395 thinks it is still in England. Changing Country in Where Two is temporarily successful but cannot acquire satellites
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Model is Nuvi 1390. Software version is 6.30 GPS version 4.30.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GPS Technician should know?
Customer: nuvi 1390 W KP1 V4 LC 2GB PB. Workes pefectly inNZ and then with purchases SD card with UK mapa worked pefectly in UK for 2 weeks. Need to get back to NAZ functioning.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Garmin and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the unit and use it.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Tried that. No change. Tried connecting to Garmin Express on PC. Did minor software update. No change)
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

We will have to do a reset of the device. This will remove all your data and return it to new.

You will then have to set it up again like when you first received it

To do this

1. Start with the device OFF and unplugged from power
  2. Touch and hold the lower right corner of the screen with an index finger or the eraser end of a pencil
  3. Continue touching and holding the lower right hand corner of the screen then power the device ON
  4. Release the power button when the device powers ON
  5. You will see a new message: "Do you really want to erase all user data?"
  6. Remove your finger from the touch screen when this message displays
  7. Touch Yes

Set it up and tell me please if it is then working correctly.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have fixed it. Your replies no help. Trying to gain refund of large fees that have been charged by just answers
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

ok no problem