Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

Thanks Pearl; 1st: I have my 5120 plugged into a swiched

Customer Question

Thanks Pearl; 1st: I have my 5120 plugged into a swiched power point in the car. Sometimes when key is on GPS powers up. but - usually I have to hold the on/off switch on the GPS for a few seconds, release it, and hold it on for another 10 seconds or so. The GPS comes up but goes thru a warm up function with the centre spinning for a minute or so.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the GPS Technician should know?
Customer: Secondly I thought by updating sw and maps it might help. Downloaded the new(too me) SmartGPS ECO, but the program does not seem to run although the GPS says follow the computers on screen instructions. Incidentally the GPS works great except as described above
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

It does sound like your Magellan needs to be updated. I can help you with that.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.