Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years

I purchased a NUVI 2455lm last year with ulimited map

Customer Question

I purchased a NUVI 2455lm last year with ulimited map updates and being forced purchase a new plan. Whats up with that?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

If you are 100% certain your model has the LM in its name, then your map updates are free. If youd like, I can connect to your computer and get the proper software installed, and start the map updates for you directly, on screen.

Once I show you how to properly update the maps, as long as you take good care of the device you can download new map updates every six months and keep using the unit for as long as the device lasts.

Would you like to try a screen sharing session so I can get everything working correctly for you?

Or would you prefer to have me guide you via written support only?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i would prefer that you guide me, please.
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Not a problem.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.