Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Nuvi 2407 voice no longer working. not giving directions :

Customer Question

nuvi 2407 voice no longer working. not giving directions
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: There is no voice giving me directions. Everything else seems to be working.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GPS Technician should know?
Customer: I don't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Sometimes the internal software can get corrupted. A master reset almost always fixes this issue.

Heres how to do it.. Start with the nuvi turned off, then touch a finger on the lower right hand corner of the touchscreen.

Keep holding your finger on the lower right hand corner and press the power button.

The device will start, keep holding your finger and release your finger when you see it asks you to reset, or clear all user data.

Tap yes, and the device will reset. Take it outside so it has a clear view to the skyline and it should regain contact with the GPS satellites in 5-10 minutes or less.

That should solve the issue. If you get stuck or run into further issues, let me know!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.