Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I Have a NUVI 2557 that express wont recognize. trying to

Customer Question

I Have a NUVI 2557 that express wont recognize. trying to update it.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.To help you with this issue, may I ask: 1) The AGE of the device?2) Have you EVER updated the device SUCCESSFULLY in the past - using this particular computer3) WHEN this issue first began? Thanks(im)
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Age 2 to 4 years
Have updated but not on present computer. Present computer won't recognize it. Problem began when I tried to update yesterday
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.
Hi again and thanks for that information. Sorry for any delayed response - my computer was giving me trouble today. May I ask:a) If the computer "sees" the device at all - such as a "removable storage device" - BEFORE Garmin Express is started?b) Does the device still function properly, as before the update was attempted?c) Does the device screen show an icon of the device connected to a "computer" (box really)?d) Do you have access to a DIFFERENT computer - just to TEST if the device is seen as a storage device when connected via USB cable (you will NOT need to installed Garmin Express on this other computer)?e) What type of computer is this (Windows, Mac, etc.)? Thanks(im)
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Device seems to work ok.
Computer is Windows 10 and does not recognize it as a drive
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.
OKMay I ask:c) Does the Nuvi screen show an icon of the device connected to a "computer" (box really)?d) Do you have access to a DIFFERENT computer - just to TEST if the device is seen as a storage device when connected via USB cable (you will NOT need to installed Garmin Express on this other computer)? Even connecting the device to a friend's computer for a few minutes would be enough to TEST. Thanks(im)