Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I have a garmin nuvi 1300. i bought an update several years

Customer Question

i have a garmin nuvi 1300. i bought an update several years ago and i thought everything was good. about a month ago i went to minnesota. none of the state was in the garmin. what can we do to get it loaded correctly. my name is ***** ***** if you can look it up when i purchased the upgrade and the version.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Hi Ryan, you wont need to purchase another map. Whats happened is, with the older models of garmin they cant hold the entire US map at once, so the garmin breaks the maps up into regions. So what you need to do is connect your garmin to a pc, install garmin express, and then change the map region, to a region that includes the state of Minnesota.

This link will guide you through the process.{9c806740-426f-11e2-e8a7-000000000000}

If you get st uck or run into any issues, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.