Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a Garmin GPS 76CSx, want to get different maps states

Customer Question

I have a Garmin GPS 76CSx, want to get different maps for different states as I am a firefighter of forest fires. I need maps for getting into different locations. What is my best option?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Normally, you could buy 24k or lower res topo maps here http://www.garmin.com/en-US/maps/outdoor Youd pick the 24K map ( highest detail ) and then click to pick the region you wanted. Of course you could go with the lower detailed maps and save some $$$. In your case though, Id consider the extra cost of the higher detailed maps as worth paying. On a lower detailed map you wouldnt get as true of a representation of the terrain as you would with the 24k map. When you purchase the map you have a choice between a download, or an sd card. The SD card is the simpler option to use and install. If you have further questions , let me know. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.