Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

Weak reception of Traffic on My GTN750 with 330 Transponder.

Customer Question

Weak reception of Traffic on My GTN750 with 330 Transponder. Recently removed the GTN750 to access to other devices. When 750 reinstalled saw Com INOP / Weather INop and no Traffic. Dealer got the Weather and com going. Traffic restored but very weak. Any thoughts?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I think it sounds, superficially, as if you might have a defective Garmin device, unfortunately. Needing 'proprietary codes' to get failed features working, and yet failing to do much good for the traffic function, seems to me to indicate that. I advise you to return it promptly for an exchange, to the store or vendor you bought it from, for exchange with another unit of the same type or similar features in full working order. I hope it is still within the return/exchange period; If it is not, then Garmin, the manufacturer, may be called upon to repair it within warranty terms for free. Let me know and I will advise you further in detail as needed. (Here's the link for Garmin Warranty repair... the instructions are lower down on the page: )