Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

My gps map 6000/700 system doesn't recognize my sd card, it

Customer Question

my gps map 6000/700 system doesn't recognize my sd card, it actually doesn't recognize even the existing garmin card
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. While it is possible that the memory card slot in your GPSMap device has ceased to function, it is always easier to test the cards it cannot read, in some other device. For instance, a computer's memory card reader slot might be able to read the cards, proving that you don't simply have a batch of bad cards, but you might have a defective memory card slot in your Garmin device and need to have it repaired (or replaced, if you so chose.) Let me know, also, what total capacity, or 'size', the new SD card is. It might just be one that is too large for your Garmin device to use.