Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

Got a gpsmap 4210 that will not recieve satellite signal.

Customer Question

Got a gpsmap 4210 that will not recieve satellite signal. What can I do or what might've the problem
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer, Sorry to hear of any issue with your device. Since this unit MUST use an EXTERNAL GPS Antenna, the first place I would start looking is the cabling between that antenna and this unit, or the antenna itself (to make sure it is not blocked or covered by anything). If there is a "network" of cabling and there are OTHER devices that receive the GPS antenna signals, any loose or corroded connections within that network could cause this type of issue. Swapping connections from a "working" device to where this device is connected in the network might be the easiest place to start - assuming you have such a network. As a reference, I have a link to the "Installation Instructions" for this family of devices - that shows how this device can be connected - along with other devices. Click Here --> http://static.garmin.com/pumac/GPSMAP_4000-5000_Install_EN.pdf Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions. Thanks, ***** ***** P.S. There could be other issues too, such as failing hardware, low power being delivered, etc. That is to say more TESTING may be required to find the fault in the system.