GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

I bought an Garmin GPS Map 478 but need data card sound

Customer Question

I bought an Garmin GPS Map 478 but need data card for puget sound charts. What data card do i purchase???
thanks!
Category: GPS
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.
Hi John. Hi there! My name is***** would be my pleasure to assist you with this. The GPSMAP 478 comes pre-loaded with US marine detailed maps for the entire US coast, including Alaska and Hawaii. This should cover Puget sound. However, the 478 accepts optional MapSource data cards, so you can add new maps without connecting to your computer and these additional maps can include a great deal more detail. I believe that either of these two would meet your needs:HXCA015R - Canada g2 HDHUS039R - US All & Canadian West Coast BlueChart® g2 HDYou can see a map detailing their coverage at the link below. They do overlap somewhat so look closely to see which is best suited to you. You may also order them from this link. https://my.garmin.com/mapCoverage/coverage.faces?currency=USD&country=en_USHave a great day and happy boating!
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.
I hope that I have provide the information that you were seeking. If so, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!