Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years

I have a nuvi 2797 and when I was updating the maps with

Customer Question

I have a nuvi 2797 and when I was updating the maps with Garmin Express it froze for over 2 hours so I unplugged it. Now it errors when I attempt to update
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: All I get is an error message "There was an error installing the update."
JA: Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.
Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply. Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.