Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. GPS Expert.

I recently updatesD the map vac. Now while on vac it won't

Customer Question

I recently updatesD the map for our vac. Now while on vac it won't recognize cities, zip codes etc. what do I do to correct it?
Category: GPS
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We're in Laraimie WY and I just asked it to go to Jackson Hole and it said no matches found. When I put in anything it comes back with the same answer. Zip codes get the same response. It see me on a map while driving but that isn't the most accurate either.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 5 months ago.
Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.
I'll need a little more information to help. What do you mean when you say that it doesn't recognize cities and zip codes? Are you able to put the address in? Are the addresses accepted and the maps not showing? What area is the original area on the GPS and what is the area you are trying to put on the GPS? Any other information you have would be helpful.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Origional area was Milwaukee wi. I can on some names put in that name but not all. Example would be when I want to type in Denver co it only gives me Denver Iowa? Is there a Denver Iowa? I don't know but that's what comes up. I also was putting in Jackson WY and all it gave me for a choice was Jamica! What the h! My country is set to US, this is all messed up. I'm going to call Garmin tomorrow morning and see what I can do. Can't wait I have a long road trip a head of me before the end of the holiday. If you can help I'd appreciate it.
On zip codes I can enter that but still no go. After getting to our hotel tonight I typed Ina coordinate and named that I then saved it as favorite. We'll see if that works tomorrow.
In the mean time it is after 10 PM and we were up and gone this morning at 7AM
If you can provide the model number, I can provide you instructions to reload the maps.