Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years

Just bought what I thought was a new NUVI 55LM. Tried to set

Customer Question

Just bought what I thought was a new NUVI 55LM. Tried to set my home location, but the Nuvi thinks I'm in Chicago and at the very best routes me for the long trip from Chicago to Manassas, VA. I can't find a way to change it to know (and remember) that I am in Virginia, and my address exists because I'm sitting in it right now!
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.To help you with this issue, may I ask:1) WHERE did you purchase this device? I only ask because you mentioned you "thought was a new" unit.2) What do you see on the MAIN SCREEN - when you power it up?3) WHEN did this issue first begin?Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.
Hi again,I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.Thanks, ***** ***** .-(im)