Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.

Pearl, JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really

Customer Question

Hi pearl,
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have a Golf Buddy WT5 which was a replacement for a WT4 under warranty. The WT4 would update without any problem my old iMac. When I open Golf Buddy Course manager with the WT5 connected it says 'Unable to Download Autoupdate was unable to download the update from the server' The same happens if I use my wife's MacBook - both running OSX10.11. I have had no useful help from Golf Buddy support. I have done the obvious like permitting Golf Buddy access through the firewall, and even turning the firewall off, with no change.
JA: Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: TLCn
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi there,

Have you tried using a different computer?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is the same on my wife's MacBook but works fine on a Windows computer at the Golf Club. I wondered if my ISP was blocking GolfBuddy so tried it via my cell provider through a personal hotspot. That didn't work either. So I've concluded it isn't the GPS watch but could be a glitch in the Course Updater software. But if that were the case there would be heaps more Mac users complaining which ther don't seem to be. And yes I've deleted and reinstalled the software a number of times.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Try downloading the latest version of Golf Buddy Course Manager from the website and let me know if that helps: