Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I have a Nuvi 2597LMT that has a North American map. I added

Customer Question

I have a Nuvi 2597LMT that has a North American map. I added an Iceland map this morning and can see them both in the Mymaps area. How do I bring the Iceland map to be the active one or does that only happen when I get there? Removing the check mark for NA does not change the screen.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device. You can actually CHECK and SEARCH for any city, point of interest, etc., that is in the Iceland map, assuming you have those maps successfully installed. You can even pre-plan and SAVE any locations you plan to visit - while you are still at your current location. To see how to do that, let me give you a link to a video that shows a SIMILAR unit, but where they have the EUROPE maps (on a memory card) installed. You should be able to TEST that your Iceland maps are working in a similar way, but using selecting Iceland instead of the Europe area. Click Here for Video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw9jszZECT8 NOTE: You may notice in the video that at one point (~1:30 mark) the device displays a message asking if it should continue to search for signals. That is NORMAL when the device is indoors, and you can respond with NO, just as shown in the video. I hope this helps. Please let me know if that works for you or if you have any more questions. If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.You should see some "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.Thanks, ***** ***** .-(im)