Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

Looking cable Garim 220(I know its

Customer Question

Hello
Looking for a cable for a Garim 220(I know its old)GPS unit
to hook in the back where you re-charge the unit, a 24" or so cable
that has a SAE plug on it other end to(ie Battery Tender outlet).
For a motorbike, do not want a separate plug back to SAE hook up,
no room. Simple is better. .
Thank you! Rob Avery
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.
Hello Rob & Welcome to Just Answer,Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue locating a cable for your device.To help you with this issue, may I ask:1) The FULL Model Number of the device you are working with? For example, is this a Forerunner 220 (watch) - or something else?2) Can you give me a little more detail about what you are trying to do, and what power source you may be trying to connect to - if any?3) Are you looking for a pre-made cable, or is this something you are trying to construct yourself? Thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello
I'm using an old GPS unit, Garim 220. It has a small re-charge port in the back, and I would like to have a pre made
cable(36") that ends in a SAE plug. I'm using the GPS on Aprilia motorcycle, as the SAE plug is aslo hooks into a Battery
Tender,whicj I use when I'm not riding. It would seem like a simple 'out of the way cord', no spiral, if it can be done I don't have room on the handlebars for another separate cable/hookup. Thank you RA
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.
Hi Rob, I'm still NOT CLEAR on what GPS device you have. This is because there are at least two "Garmin 220" devices out there - and there could be more. Can you send a photo (or two) of the device, perhaps with the LABEL clearly focused? OR - if you can find the SERIAL NUMBER, perhaps I can find the model from that? Thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello
Using a Garim 220 GPS unit on a motorcycle, want to power it by using the re-charge port(on the back) to a 36" straight
cord, the ends in a SAE outlet, re-made. The SAE is part of the battey tender used when the bike is not running.
Do not have have room for another hook up/plug. Thank you
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.
Hi again, Do you have the device with you now, or can get it off the motorcycle and see if there is a model number OR serial number - usually on the back of the device?