Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

Looking cable Garim 220(I know its

Customer Question

Hello
Looking for a cable for a Garim 220(I know its old)GPS unit
to hook in the back where you re-charge the unit, a 24" or so cable
that has a SAE plug on it other end to(ie Battery Tender outlet).
For a motorbike, do not want a separate plug back to SAE hook up,
no room. Simple is better. .
Thank you! Rob Avery
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.
Hello Rob & Welcome to Just Answer,Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue locating a cable for your device.To help you with this issue, may I ask:1) The FULL Model Number of the device you are working with? For example, is this a Forerunner 220 (watch) - or something else?2) Can you give me a little more detail about what you are trying to do, and what power source you may be trying to connect to - if any?3) Are you looking for a pre-made cable, or is this something you are trying to construct yourself? Thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello
I'm using an old GPS unit, Garim 220. It has a small re-charge port in the back, and I would like to have a pre made
cable(36") that ends in a SAE plug. I'm using the GPS on Aprilia motorcycle, as the SAE plug is aslo hooks into a Battery
Tender,whicj I use when I'm not riding. It would seem like a simple 'out of the way cord', no spiral, if it can be done I don't have room on the handlebars for another separate cable/hookup. Thank you RA
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.
Hi Rob, I'm still NOT CLEAR on what GPS device you have. This is because there are at least two "Garmin 220" devices out there - and there could be more. Can you send a photo (or two) of the device, perhaps with the LABEL clearly focused? OR - if you can find the SERIAL NUMBER, perhaps I can find the model from that? Thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello
Using a Garim 220 GPS unit on a motorcycle, want to power it by using the re-charge port(on the back) to a 36" straight
cord, the ends in a SAE outlet, re-made. The SAE is part of the battey tender used when the bike is not running.
Do not have have room for another hook up/plug. Thank you
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.
Hi again, Do you have the device with you now, or can get it off the motorcycle and see if there is a model number OR serial number - usually on the back of the device?