Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I m having bother with my sky caddie its not picking up

Customer Question

hi i m having bother with my sky caddie its not picking up the course s can you advice. keeps comin up searching for courses but doesnt pick them up /
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: it comes on searching for course but nothing coming up .
JA: Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no just that
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your SkyCaddie question today.The majority of satellite issues with the SkyCaddie can be corrected by performing a GPS reset with the unit. Make sure that you are in a wide open area free of tall buildings and trees. The antenna must have an unobstructed view of the sky.Turn on the SkyCaddie and open any course and hole from the SkyCourse List.Press the MENU button on the lower left hand side to access the MENU options.Using the directional button, scroll through the Menu options to ADVANCED MENU and press SELECTUsing the directional button, scroll to GPS and press SELECT.Scroll to RESET and press SELECT.Press RESET.Once the device comes on, advance forward until you reach the screen that reads "Be sure to have a clear view of the Sky"From this screen you will see a picture of the globe on the left and blinking satellites on the right.It may take 10-15 minutes, but eventually the SkyCaddie should acquire all 4 satellites and after it has done so it will automatically advance to the next screen.After it has advanced screens, you will have a full satellite lock.