Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

My 7610xsv starts with the Garmin logo but then I don't see

Customer Question

My 7610xsv starts with the Garmin logo but then I don't see anything. Help
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. That sounds as if it were not fully initializing. I would suggest that you have Garmin Express installed on your computer, then start Garmin Express, then when that program is running, connect the Garmin device to the computer, and see if running an update on the Garmin device, with Garmin Express, helps the problem. Simply download, install, and use Garmin Express as follows: Go to and (if you have a Windows PC) click on the big blue Download button at center bottom of the page. (If you have an Apple, click on the nearby Download for Mac link.) And download Garmin Express' installer to your computer, save it, then double-click upon it to install Garmin Express.Then start the program, Garmin Express. Then connect your Garmin device. Then use Garmin Express to update your device. If this suggested procedure helps with the problem, please rate my answer. Thanks.