Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I have been using Streets & Trips since 2005. Today, I found

Customer Question

I have been using Streets & Trips since 2005. Today, I found out that it was discontinued and regular support ceased last July. I'm currently traveling and it is still working, but not like it used to.
My question is this. Is there a like program to use, that will still use the data that I have started on this trip or is there one that I can download with similar traits? Either way, is my gps receiver still going to work? I think it came with the 2006 version. If not, was a later version.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Rod Applegate
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Microsoft makes something it calls Streets And Trips. For instance: or Will it work with your GPS? of course not, it's made by Microsoft, it's for PCs. claims to replace Streets & claims to replace Streets & Trips too. But this is guesswork about your answer so far, for I have no idea what GPS you are using, and if you want your replacement-for-S&T to run on your GPS, or on your PC, or on an Apple, an iPad, or what. Your GPS could be Magellan, Garmin, or something else too. So let me know a few more specifics, please. Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The GPS receiver is labeled Microaoft. X12-42937, GPS-500 Sirf III. I have 2013 version. I just want to know if there is another company making a similar product that will work with this hardware. Let me know.
Did the old Streets & Trips run on this Microsoft GPS module?or on a computer?