Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a Magellan Roadmate 1470. I started to upgrade it using

Customer Question

I have a Magellan Roadmate 1470. I started to upgrade it using Internet Explorer. The upgrade started and then said that the GPS was not connected and the upgrade failed. I then realized I should be using Chrome. I installed Chrome and tried again but it said the GPS was not available. I rebooted everything but nothing. The GPS shows a computer with a line to the GPS and a Trident looking symbol between the two. The display remains static - no movement. I can see the files and folders on the gps drive.
Category: GPS
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Forget it I'll deal with Magellan directly. I didn't realize this wasn't MagellanGPS site until too late.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi there,if you still need assistance with this question, first please try using a different USB cable - the trident symbol indicates that the USB connection to the computer is not detected by the device.Let me know how you get on...Pete.