Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years

I lost my cord powering my Nuvi 2798LM. When plugged in the

Customer Question

I lost my cord powering my Nuvi 2798LM. When plugged in the TomTom replacement produces a constantly flashing on the screen, with the map jumping around the screen.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.
Hi Jon, Sorry to hear of any issue with your device. As you may have discovered, the power adapters from different manufacturers may NOT be "compatible" with each other. So let me ask if there is ANY CHANCE that you can search and find the LOST power adapter - around your home or vehicle? I only ask so that I can recommend somewhere to purchase the CORRECT power adapter - to that the Nuvi will have a better chance or working correctly. Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.
Hi again,I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.Thanks, ***** ***** .-(im)