Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years

We have a unit, but all it does is search and search and appaently

Customer Question

We have a unit, but all it does is search and search and appaently cannot find the connection that it needs. What does that mean? Replace it with a new one?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.To help you with this issue, may I ask:1) The FULL Make & Model Number of the device you are working with?2) The AGE of the device?3) WHEN was this unit last used SUCCESSFULLY?4) WHERE are you now, relative to when the device was last used?Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.
Hi again, I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?Has the device been tried OUTSIDE of any vehicle - where these is a CLEAR view of the sky?I only ask because when a device does constant searching, it usually means the satellite signals are being "blocked" OR and antenna is bad. I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.Thanks, ***** ***** .-(im)