Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

On turning it on I get only a white screen with a 'press dot'

Customer Question

on turning it on I get only a white screen with a 'press dot' message. All this does is get me more dots.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I think there is a cure for the problem: I have heard of your problem with the Garmin device before this, several times.If, along with 'Press Dot' is also shows a black dot, then don't press it with your finger.... press it with the plastic tip or nub of a pen, and do so about 5 or 8 times, and it will resume normal operation. The 'Press dot' cycle appears to be a screen calibration that runs after the battery has been removed in some circumstances, or otherwise in response to a crisis in the device that has been recovered from. I hope this works for you. Please let me know (or at least, rate my answer, if what I suggest gets it working.) Thanks.