Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

How can i update my 700 series Garmin Automobile GPSJA: Sometimes

Customer Question

How can i update my 700 series Garmin Automobile GPS
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I am going out west for a few weeks, and I have not updated my GPS for 5 or 6 years. I need the current USA road map.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GPS Technician should know?
Customer: No, I don't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.To help you with this issue, may I ask:1) The FULL Model Number of the device you are working with? If you have it with you, that should be printed on the back of the device.2) What is the operational status of the device now (does it still work well, is the battery in good condition, etc)?3) Have you EVER updated the device before - in the past?4) Do you still have the USB cable - for connecting your device to the computer? Thanks