Sijad H.
Sijad H., Technician
Experience:  5+ years repairing various GPS models.
61965098

Edge 1000: last few weeks, old rides have stayed on

Customer Question

Edge 1000: For the last few weeks, old rides have stayed on the map and don't disappear after being uploaded. My map is getting cluttered with old rides. How to fix?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 7 months ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you. To clear an old ride, please do the following:1. From the home screen, select history.2. Then select Rides.3. Then select the ride which you no longer want and select the trash can icon that has a silhouette of an X in it and select the check mark if applicable. Do the above steps for each ride you now longer want.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
But that's not what I want to do. What is supposed to happen is that the ride STAYS in the History (so I can pull it up for future reference) but once I've uploaded it to Garmin Connect (which I have done), it's supposed to DISAPPEAR from the home screen of the device. In other words, once I power up for the next ride, my old ride should no longer be visible on the MAP, but is should still be in my History. That's the way it used to work for many years (and over many Garmin devices), but it recently stopped working properly. Can you help with this?
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 7 months ago.
I apologize, I misunderstood please allow me a moment to review my notes.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK. I think this is a bug, but it's an annoying one. As mentioned, my map is now cluttered with about 4 or 5 old rides, and I can't tell where my new ride is going.
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 7 months ago.
I understand, I am seeing if others have reported this same issue. \Also is the latest software installed on the device?Sometimes a hard reset of the device can sold a buggy device. First back up your data using the Garmin software for your device.1.Power device off2.Press and hold Lap/Reset and Start/Stop3.Power device on while still holding both buttons4.Continue holding buttons when the Garmin "splash" screen appears5.Release buttons when Garmin "splash" screen disappears The reset should now be complete and you can give it a test.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Latest software is on the device -- updated just a few minutes ago. I will try the hard reset.
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 7 months ago.
OK.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm backing up the Garmin now. Mac says it will take 37'. Will let you know what happens after that.
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 7 months ago.
OK great.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Of course, even if it gets rid of the ride by the hard reset, I'm not going to know if the problem is fixed until I take another ride and see if it disappears after uploading! In other words, is there a persistent bug in the system -- or is it just something that can be fixed by reboot? We'll see what happens.
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 7 months ago.
I completely understand, I intended for you to test it after the reset. Test it at your convenience and then please come back and let me know how it went.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Many thanks. Will do!
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 7 months ago.
Have a great weekend!