Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I have a Garmin nuvi 40lm how do I load Canadian maps JA:

Customer Question

I have a Garmin nuvi 40lm how do I load Canadian maps
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I would like to add Canada to my US maps. Can this be done?
JA: Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I don't have any issues with the device.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,Sorry I didn't see your question earlier.To help you with this issue, may I ask:1) Have you checked the Map Settings and INFO screen - to see what maps you have installed in the device now?I only ask because I see this particular model can come with a couple of different map configurations. If you need to know how to get and to check that INFO screen, start at the MAIN screen and touch Settings (Wrench icon), then touch Map, then touch the INFO button (at the bottom of the screen). When you get there, please let me know EXACTLY what you see on that screen, including all text.Thanks