Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Trying to connect the Garmin Edge 810 and reason

Customer Question

Hello, trying to connect the Garmin Edge 810 and for some reason Windows does not recognize the device. reason for connecting is to obtain updates I have been advised about.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: There is nothing much more to describe. The Edge operates well and the computer does not seem to have a bug, just wont recognize it.
JA: Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi there,The problem may be with the computer or the USB cable rather than the Edge device - First, try using a different USB cable.If that does not work, try using a different computer.Let me know if either of these methods allow you to connect?
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi, just checking in on your question, do you need any further assistance?