Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years

My 1490 was just updated and now says "no map data available"

Customer Question

My 1490 was just updated and now says "no map data available" and "ok"
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I just plugged my 1490 in and updated it. Now it says "no map data available" with a lower box containing "OK"
JA: Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your device.To help you with this issue, may I ask:1) Is this the FIRST time the device has been updated?2) When the update was performed, did you see ANY notices about limited space on the device?3) Have you checked the "Map Info" screen of your device - to see if there are any map file NAMES printed there? Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.
Hi again,I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.Thanks, ***** ***** .-(im)