Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I have a kenwood DNX570HD in dash unit ,my navigation was working

Customer Question

I have a kenwood DNX570HD in dash unit ,my navigation was working fine, then I updated with the new firmware from Kenwood and all of a sudden it quit displaying the map imagery/ showing road names and now it just shows a white screen what direction i am traveling in ,is there a fix to this problem. My GPS capability is completely gone and I feel like uploading the firmware caused it.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Are you sure the firmware you uploaded was meant for your exact and actual model number?Mismatched firmware updates can cause troubles such as that which you describe. Also, are you sure the firmware update was complete, and was completely applied? a firmware update that stalls part-way often destroys device function. If there is any uncertainty about the above points that could cause this problem, and if the device still responds to some extent, you might need to1. make sure that your Kenwood has DNX570HD as its model #, and2. re-download and re-apply the firmware update. That might correct the problem. If the screen still functions and responds and only lacks a map display, then you may have to reinstall your maps on the device, or at minimum, reconfigure it to point to the map files already stored on it (if they are indeed still there.)