Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years

I have a Garmin Nuvi 2757, it fell off the windshield suction

Customer Question

I have a Garmin Nuvi 2757, it fell off the windshield suction mount and caused damage to the charger connector and the Garmin receptacle. I tryied to to reconnect only to cause more damage. What can I do to resolve this problem.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer, So sorry to hear of the damage to your device. Since this happened because of a "fall from the mount", any repair (or exchange) to get you a working device would have to be handled "out of warranty". So that really gives you 2 or 3 options (listed below):Option 1: Have the device repaired by Garmin - at their "flat rate". To see how that works, use the following link and select your model from the drop-down list (to get the quote), and then scroll down the page to see the rest of the process (mostly getting "the numbers" so it will be accepted for repair).Click Here --> There are some "good points" to having Garmin-based repairs/exchanges - mainly that the returned device WILL work for you, and has a 90 day warranty - so you can test it to make sure it works properly. Option 2: Try to get the parts and tools to repair the device yourself, or with the help of a skilled friend.Let me just say that I do NOT recommend this option, UNLESS you are confident about the entire process. Option 3: Try to have the device repaired by a qualified 3rd party - perhaps at a lower cost than a factory repair.Let me give you a reference to a web page of such a 3rd party, and let you see what probably happened to the USB connector (came loose from the main board). On that page, you should find a "Request Quote" button that can be used to see if they can do the job and give you a [rice quote. >> Click Here << Again, sorry to hear of the damage to the device. Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions about this issue. If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.You should see some "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.Take Care & Travel Safe, Greg A.--. .-(im)
Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.
Hi again,I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.Thanks, ***** ***** .-(im)