Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

My nuvi 1490 says server unavailable? JA: Sometimes things

Customer Question

my nuvi 1490 says server unavailable?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: had it updated for sw USA and now want it back to NE. Have sim card so there's room but system won't recognize my 1490
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GPS Technician should know?
Customer: using firefox 44.0.2
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Try connecting the Nuvi differently: after a thorough recharge, to a different USB port, and after a restart of the computer. Make sure of your internet connection first, too. And, you might want to remove the old SW USA maps from the Nuvi, to make sure there's room.Also, waiting an hour (with all that counted in) wouldn't hurt any. If that fails, please record the exact error message, and note where and when it appears, and let me know, and I will advise you further.