Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My unit won't boot up JA: Sometimes things that you think

Customer Question

My unit won't boot up
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I was at the end of a round and it froze. I tried to restart it but all I could see was the "Garmin" on the startup screen and it never got past that.
JA: Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: It is an approach G6
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Hold down the Power button until it either shuts down, or resets.If it shuts Off, leave it that way for at least 1 1/2 hours, to cool down and reset.If it doesn't get to operating condition when it is started up again, perhaps it needs an update or refresh with Garmin Express: When dealing with an update for your Garmin device, it is best to simply download, install, and use Garmin Express. Go to http://software.garmin.com/en-GB/express.html and (if you have a Windows PC) click on the big blue Download button at center bottom of the page. (If you have an Apple, click on the nearby Download for Mac link.) And download Garmin Express' installer to your computer, save it, then double-click upon it to install Garmin Express.Then start the program, Garmin Express. Then connect your Garmin device. Then use Garmin Express to update your device.