Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My gps is flashing a white screen wont load.JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

my gps is flashing a white screen wont load.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: it
goes to GARMIN screen begins to load, then screen goes blank, or white
JA: Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: keeps repeating
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I advise trying an update with Garmin Connect, from your computer. Perhaps that will cure the problem, it sometimes, or even often, does: When dealing with an update for your Garmin device, it is best to simply download, install, and use Garmin Express. Go to http://software.garmin.com/en-GB/express.html and (if you have a Windows PC) click on the big blue Download button at center bottom of the page. (If you have an Apple, click on the nearby Download for Mac link.) And download Garmin Express' installer to your computer, save it, then double-click upon it to install Garmin Express.Then start the program, Garmin Express. Then connect your Garmin device. Then use Garmin Express to update your device.