Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I need to adjust time to 130 pm est. never changed when day

Customer Question

I need to adjust time to 130 pm est. never changed when day light savings time changed
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Thanks
JA: Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Need to reset weight as well
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your device.To help you with this issue, may I ask:1) The FULL Make & Model Number of the device you are working with?2) The AGE of the device?3) WHEN this issue first began or was noticed?Thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Bought 2015 farming vivofit
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Harmon vivofit
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
garmin. Gees
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.
Looks like "auto correct" got you a couple times - lol. Let me see if I can look that up for you. Also, how are you connecting the device - to another device (computer, smartphone, etc.)?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I phone 6
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.
OK - do you also have a computer that you sync the device with - running Garmin Connect?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.
OK - do you have any and all "data" backed up somewhere - such as on your phone or in the cloud?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Of coarse not. I am a woman
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.
OK - are you concerned about lost data from previous use? And do you have Garmin Connect on your phone?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No lost it
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.
RE: "No list it". What was lost? Data or Garmin Connect app?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Both
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.
OK - if that is the case, then I believe it is best to "start over" so to speak. So let me ask if the device is still PAIRED to the phone? If so, the first step(s) will be to unpair, then get the Garmin Connect app on the phone (reload), and then set up again. Does that make sense?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just downloaded the vivofit app
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.
OK - good. Is the device still paired to the phone?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Checking
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.
Let me give you a link to a video that shows the PAIRING process, and what you can expect to see.NOTE: The video is a little over a year old, so the screens you see may NOT be exactly what you see - but should be similar. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aE69EfhS6E Once paired again, you will want to SYNC the device.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Now paired. Just need to change time
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.
OK - did you look at the video, and see ANY of the activity shown there (like the countdown from 100)? Also, did you check the SETTINGS in the app screens, and then do the SYNC - as shown at the end of that video? Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.
Hi again, If the SYNC does not set the time correctly, you MAY have to RESET the device, and then pair to Garmin Connect again. Here is a video that shows how to do the RESET of the device. It can be a little tricky and may take a couple of tries (as shown in the video). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9kXuBD_Ieo Please take a look - if needed - and let me know your results. Thanks, ***** *****
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.
Hi again,I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.Thanks, ***** ***** .-(im)