Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I just updated and now am getting the message cannot unlock

Customer Question

I just updated and now am getting the message cannot unlock maps
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have a Garmin Nuvi 2557 with an additional memory card. After updating yesterday I got the message "Can't unlock maps" The unit still works.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GPS Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Lets try this as a first step, if it doesnt work let me know and we will try further steps.. if this does work, please remember to return here and click and submit a rating to show I helped you. This video will show you how to master reset the device. Once complete, choose your language and home location and it should be working correctly without the unlock maps issue. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.