Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

My Garmin 560 has started to give me terrain warnings at all

Customer Question

My Garmin 560 has started to give me terrain warnings at all altitudes. You may be flying along and 5,000 ft and it will start saying pull up Terrain. What could be causing this??
Category: GPS
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi Garry,This could occur due to an error in the database, or perhaps there is an unidentified bug in the software which interprets a "far away" obstacle as relevant to your flight path.The aera 560 Terrain Proximity feature is NOT intended to be used as a primary reference for terrain avoidance and does not relieve the pilot from the responsibility of being aware of surroundings during flight. The Terrain Proximity feature is only to be used as an aid for terrain avoidance and is not certified for use in applications requiring a certified terrain awareness system, since the data is obtained from third party sources.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi Garry, just checking in on your question. How did things work out for you?