Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

My Garmin Approach S1 will not connect to any golf course JA:

Customer Question

My Garmin Approach S1 will not connect to any golf course
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: On any course message is cannot locate course
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GPS Technician should know?
Customer: No that's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. The first step we want to try, is to reset the approach, heres how. Power Approach offPress and hold on the upper left corner of displayPower device on while still maintaining pressure on displayRelease upper left side of display when Do you really want to erase all user data? message appearsTouch Yes Once thats complete, we then need to connect your S1 to a computer with the newest version of garmin express installed, so that we can have garmin express install any available software updates for the approach.. You can download garmin express from here. If you get stuck or run into any issues completing these steps, let me know. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.