Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years

My sound is not working on my VS4

Customer Question

My sound is not working on my VS4
Category: GPS
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My sound is not working on my golf buddy VS4
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have already tried rebooting the golf buddy
Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.To help you with this issue, may I ask:1) The AGE of the device?2) WHEN this issue first began?I only ask there questions as this could be a couple of possible issue, namely a hardware issue or software (firmware) issue. As you might suspect, and hardware issue would have to be "repaired" - meaning the device would have to be sent in for service, while a software issue MAY be "fix" using other steps. If this is a software issue, using the GB Manager program to "reload" the software (including any voice files) may do the trick. But the first thing I would try is try to CHANGE volume and/or check the MUTE function of the device.To MUTE the device, press the + and - buttons at the same time.To UNMUTE the device, press either the + or - button (WHEN MUTE is ON).To CHANGE the volume level, use the + or - buttons on the side of the device.You also mentioned "rebooting" the device, but did you try the "Emergency Reboot" procedure? That is below.To perform an emergency reboot:Turn off the unit.Connect the USB data cable to your computer or wall charger.While holding down the P and the Main button (on the front of the device), connect the USB cable to the device.When the screen starts to flash, release the two buttons.Once you reach SYNC screen, disconnect the USB cable from the unit.Turn on the device.This process completes the Emergency Reboot of the device. If those steps do not restore the sound, the next step is to get the GB Manager for your computer and try to update the software of the device. I have a link to the page where you can get that program below. >> Click Here for GB Manager << If all that does not restore sound to your device, contacting the Technical Support folks would be the next step. I have their contact information below for you. Golf Buddy Technical Support:1-***-***-****Hours of OperationMon - Fri 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM Pacific Time Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions. If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.You should see some "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.Thanks, ***** ***** .-(im)
Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.
Hi again,I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.Thanks, ***** ***** .-(im)