Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years

Bought a new garmin satnav model nuvi 57 and im trying

Customer Question

Hello. Bought a new garmin satnav model nuvi 57 and im trying to update it but it has stalled at 2hrs 35mins for the last 2hrs. Is there anything i can do?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I plugged it into my laptop and downloaded Garmin Express, followed the instructions and hit install. 1st update was ok. Re started sat nav as per instructions then plugged back in for other updates. Started ok but has now stalled
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GPS Technician should know?
Customer: I think i've covered everything
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. To get started, I need to know what type of computer you're using.Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac. If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows. Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.