Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

How do I set up Garmin Connect Account? How do I get my Garmin

Customer Question

how do I set up Garmin Connect Account?
How do I get my Garmin to speak English?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. I can help you resolve both of these issues.. But first I need to ask you a few questions. Whats the full name brand and model of t he garmin unit you have? To get started, I need to know what type of computer you're using.Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac. If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows. Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
GarminVivoHr
HP running Windows10
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
I tried to accept your phone call offer, it said payment failed. Im sending a remote support offer back to you, which will allow me to connect to your windows 10 computer and install all the software needed, we can also speak in live chat as we do so. Once you have clicked and approved that offer, we can continue with t he connection st eps. Otherwise, we can continue here v ia written support. Dustin S.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
GarminViviHR
HP running Wind
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I approved. What next
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Apologies, it doesnt show approved on my end.. It shows the offer was proposed, for secure remote assistance. But not accepted, I will send the offer again.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am waiting
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
I sent the offer, if you want me to connect you have to click and accept the offer.. Or, we can just continue via written support. lets start here, reset your vivofit, as this is the only step I cant do through a virtual connection https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9kXuBD_Ieo
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't know what to do. I am ready to throw it in the trash. It is in Dutch, the time is wrong and I am at a loss.
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Were you able to complete the reset as shown on the video I sent you?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Did you attempt the steps? if so, watch the video again.. And try to perform the reset..
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have paid everything they asked me to pay I need to talk to someone. How do I do that?
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
If you call your bank, you will see that the charges were probably rejected. On my end, the computer shows me whether phone support or remote support has been paid or not. Due to site policies I cannot call you or connect via a screen share unless those premium services are paid for. With that being said, did you try the reset steps from the video again.. As that reset is what we need to do to fix the language issue. Dustin S.