Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of GPS devices and systems
32989067

My tom tom via 280 will not turn on or chargeJA: Sometimes

Customer Question

My tom tom via 280 will not turn on or charge
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It won't charge in the car or at home on power. I've even had it on charge all night. it's completely dead and won't respond or start. I thought that the battery must be dead
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GPS Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished. This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please. Remove the charger from the Tomtom and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds. Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the unit. Let me know the results please Thank you