Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of GPS devices and systems

My garmin, 2597ltm, stopped working while I was travelling

Customer Question

My garmin, 2597ltm, stopped working while I was travelling in my vehicle. I'm from the USA and traveling in the UK. Any suggestions on how to get my GPS backup. I'm lost without. Thanks
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I've have the GPS on a charger but it doesn't appear it's recharging.
JA: Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: The screen said low battery then later the screen went black. I was using the cigarette lighter adapter to power the device. I'm heading to London and need a working GPS. Please advise. Thank-you.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished. This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please. Remove the charger from the device and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds. Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the unit. Let me know the results please Thank you