Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years

Can maps od Canada be downloaded on a Garmin Nuvi 55 lm

Customer Question

Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.
Hello Linda and Welcome to Just Answer, Sorry to here of any issue you may be having with your device. To answer you question: YES, Canada maps CAN be purchased and added to your device. That is most easily done by visiting the Garmin main page, clicking on the MAPS & ACCESSORIES link, then the "on the road" link, and finally the "Canada Only" link. Here is a DIRECT LINK to that particular page. NOTE: On that page, you will find a pull-down to select either the "Download" version or the "microSD/SD card" (a preprogrammed memory card).If you are NOT in a hurry, I recommend the memory card - as it is much easier to install (just plug it in a go) and will not disturb your "Lifetime Map" updates for the lower 49 states. I hope this helps. Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions about this issue. Take Care & Travel Safe, Greg A.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.
Hi again,I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.Thanks, ***** ***** .-(im)