Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I have a garmin 510 - I just got a powertap and I am having

Customer Question

I have a garmin 510 - I just got a powertap and I am having trouble getting it to capture and record power. It worked just once; now it doesn't. Is there something I should do so it will work consistently?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. It might simply be a defective powertap. How does it not work, does it not connect to your Garmin 510? or does it show no sign of life? or not record information but operate in every other respect? except if it fails to connect via Bluetooth, in which case it may simply need you to connect again, I would say any of those faults might mean it is defective. If it is, return it as such promptly, for an exchange for another.