Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My Garmin 920xt speed sensor is not working properly. It registers

Customer Question

My Garmin 920xt speed sensor is not working properly. It registers a much slower speed than I am actually traveling at. What can I do to fix this?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Whens the last time you remember this worked correctly? Also, whats the name brand and model of your speed sensor, is it a GSC10 ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it is the Forerunner 920xt. I think it last worked a couple of weeks ago, but I had a similar problem this winter with my garmin forerunner 610xt when using it with my bike on an indoor trainer. I suspect it is related.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm not sure that brand and model of the speed sensor, but I think it is the GSC10. It is the one i have used with my forerunner 610xt.
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.
If the same sensor didnt work with the 610xt, then this is not an issue with the 920xt or the 610xt. Its an issue with the sensor.. Id suggest replacing the sensor with the newest version compatible with that model, which you can get here http://amzn.to/21b42nF A new sensor properly installed, should fix the issue. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are speed sensors that worked with the 610 compatible with the 920?
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.
While I cant speak for every 3rd party brand and model of speed and cadence sensors you could have had with the 610. if you had the GSC10 , then yes its compatible with both units. The fact that it didnt work with either unit says that either the sensor itself is defective, or it was improperly installed~