Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

My Fenix 2 won't power on JA: Sometimes things that you

Customer Question

Hi my Fenix 2 won't power on
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Ok my watch will not power on. I've put it on the charger and nothing
JA: Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: That is it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.
Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. What you are experiencing is one of two issues, either the software has faulted or your battery has failed. lets try this reset first. When you are looking at the watch and its off, hold in the bottom right button, and then press and hold the top left button.. Hold them both in at the same time. After about ten seconds does it ask you to reset all user data? If so, do so and the watch should start. if you dont see anything on the screen at all, then you need to replace the charger or the battery. you can get the charger here and here is the battery needed, while there isnt any postedsteps online about how to replace the battery, as its considered non user replaceable, it can be replaced.. And the steps are similar to replacing the battery in the forerunner watch as shown here If you have further questions, let me know. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.