Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My golf buddy world is stuck in the on position. I cannot

Customer Question

my golf buddy world is stuck in the on position. I cannot turn it off and it stopped working and is frozen on hole 15. How do I reset it? How do I turn it off?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The gps is unresponsive -- I cannot turn off the power and it is stuck on hole 15 when I played this morning.
JA: Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I know of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Try pressing and holding the power button for 30 seconds.. Will that shut the unit off? If so, you may have to emergency boot the unit by holding down menu, and while holding menu press and hold menu and power for 15-30 seconds. That should shut the device down, and then repair it so it can booot again. If you get stuck or run into any issues, or if this doesnt work let me know! I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, I havent heard back from you since you viewed my response. Do you still need assistance, or did the steps I suggested fix the problem? I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.