Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. GPS Expert.

I have sold my becker Map pilot and the new owner says it needs

Customer Question

I have sold my becker Map pilot and the new owner says it needs a PIN and log on. I rang Mercedes who fitted it to my car to ask if they input a PIN but they say not. Is it possible tor reset the PIN?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the GPS Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No, thats great, thank-you.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can you suggest a way of resetting the PIN?
Unfortunately, there is no effective way of getting around the Pin. As an anti theft feature, it works very well. The only way to get the pin is from the original paperwork, or from the manufacturer. I am surprised the Mercedes delear wasn't able to do it. You may want to consider taking it to a different Mercedes dealer to see if they will do it for you. They should be able to do it - maybe no one realizes that at the first dealership for some reason.