Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

How do I connect my garmin to my Iphone

Customer Question

How do I connect my garmin to my Iphone
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your GPS device.To help you with this issue, may I ask:1) The FULL Model Number of the GPS device you are working with?2) The AGE of the device?3) Have you EVER connected this device to another phone in the past?4) It looks like auto-correct got involved in your entry here. I see"I am trying to get my smartphone to swear calls on my gaps in. My car."Can I safely assume that was meant to say:"I am trying to get my smartphone to hear calls on my GPS in my car."? Thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Model Nubia 2597. About 2 years I think. Yes connected before . Smartphone needed to say phone calls to ring on the gps so I can answer hands free. It did do this before with this phone . I must have changed something in settings that turned it off.Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.
Hi again and thanks for that information. OK - are these two devices STILL paired to each other? That is, do they "connect" via Bluetooth when they are close together and both are turned ON? Also, has any update to the iPhone software taken place (that you know of) SINCE this feature last worked? Thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do not think they connect to eachother how do I tell?I also do not know of any new update
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.
Hi again, For MOST Nuvi devices, when the Nuvi has been paired to a phone (successfully) and those devices are ON and "in range" of each other, the phone features of the Nuvi will become "enabled", and all the phone icons on the Nuvi will be usable. If they are NOT paired, all the phone icons on the Nuvi will be "grayed out" and do nothing. Do you have both devices with you now, and can turn them ON as TEST to see if the phone functions work on the Nuvi? Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.
Hi again, Let me send you a link to a video that shows the basic setting for Bluetooth on a similar Nuvi. If needed, please take a look and then try to get to the same screen on your Nuvi - to check and see if the device is paired AND connected. Click for Video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SJZyWDCXPU Please let me know what you see on the Nuvi. Thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The test shows the phone does not work with the nuvi it does not show on the screen. Bluetooth is on on lphone butsays not connected
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.
OK - can you take a quick look at the video and try DISABLING the Bluetooth on the Nuvi, then turn it back ON (as in the video)? Then try the Pairing as shown in the later half of the video and see if you can get them to connect. Please let me know what you see on both the Nuvi and the phone when you try this. Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.
Hi again,I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.Thanks, ***** ***** .-(im)